Thursday, 7 March 2013

Paduang woman




Paduang hill tribe woman.
I once watch a documentary about a woman of this tribe taking of the neck rings off for the first time. Of course throughout the documentary it kept talking about how risky it was and maybe fatal. I thought if that was the case then they probably shouldn't have encouraged her to document a video just for the sake of it. But money is always a great seducer. X rays show that their necks do not actually grow longer but the collarbones are pushed down instead.
Mark of Thailand who sent me this card mentioned that taking of their rings would make their heads flop down due to having no muscles in their necks. A comical vision comes to mind but I have to say that I have my doubts on that.
Thank you Mark for the card :)

Sent: 24 February 2013
Arrived: 7 March 2013
Travelled: 11 days

No comments: