Wednesday 24 July 2013

What's your song?

I have 7000 pictures with my ipad and camera but no music.
I've never travelled with music, don't ask me why but it's allowed me to observe people more and then there's the odd chance that I hear something fabulous while I'm sitting alone with silent profound thoughts in my head.

Some songs have a special memory, especially of the moment and place where I hear something beautiful such as Gotye's heartbreaking "Somebody I used to know" in Venice. 

This trip has three songs that pretty much sums up how I feel about my life.

Border crossing from Slovakia to Vienna
"My head is a jungle" by Wankelmut feat Emma Louisa and Daft Punk and Pharell Wiiams' 
"Get Lucky".

I was sitting in McDonald's for the free wi fi and stressing out over being homeless for the night. Then both nostalgic yet upbeat tunes came on and I'm taken away to a magical place where I have no worries and I just want to start dancing to the awesome groove.

The third track is  Katrina and the Waves' "Walking on sunshine". Where they happen to be rocking on in San Fermin, Pamplona.
Infectious good fun that just reminds me how fortuitous I have been  in meeting wonderful people and having the experience of the lifetime. Now I walk about with a little pep to my steps, listening to the music in my head.


No comments: