Friday 20 September 2013

Lijiang

 The world famous Old Town of Lijiang is located in Lijiang City. It is a UNESCO Heritage Site.
The town has a history going back more than 800 years and was once a confluence for trade along the old tea horse road. The Lijiang old town is famous for its orderly system of waterways and bridges. The old town of Lijiang differs from other ancient Chinese cities in architecture, history and the culture of its traditional residents the Nakhi people, therefore people there are called 胖金哥 and 胖金妹 (pàng jīn gē, pàng jīn mèi, male and female respectively). The town was ruled by the Mu Family during the portions of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, a period of nearly 500 years.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I love this view of the Old town of Lijiang. As I'm not Chinese educated I find
all manner of Chinese culture and history fascinating. I hope when I travel to China
I'll be able to visit this place too, bucket list seems to grow more and more!
Thank you to Kun Hu for this amazing card!
Sent: 6 September 2013,  Received: 20 September 2013,   Travelled: 14 days