Monday 15 July 2013

Did you see the weather today?

On a bus from Skopje to Sofia
Dark clouds are following me since Macedonia

It was also the one time I cried as I had been living with a family for two weeks.
"We are so used to having you around and we'll miss you when you're no longer here"
Oh shit leaky eyes leaky eyes! No amount of self control could stop my sentimental self from crying. So there I was sitting with a bowl of delicious scoops of Macedonian icecream and dabbing my eyes.
That was also when the weather turned cloudy.



It rained the first day when I arrived in Kosovo.
It rained after I arrived in Bucharest.
The news said German cities, Vienna ,Prague, Budapest were all flooded, one week before I was to arrive there. Needless to say when I got to Prague it rained, I got  soaked and my shoes smelled like wet dogs.

Charles bridge, Prague
                                

Prague flooding
                           


I'm in Europe but it felt a lot like winter most of the time, hence my ever trusty cheap adidas jacket was in most of my pictures. Then the light at the end of the day came it became sunny again and now I'm overdressed in my long pants and I finally got to use the umbrella for my original  purpose,as a sun shade.

In Dresden
                                 


After I started hitchhiking with Marta with Vienna being our first stop. It rained.
We got a truck directly to Italy,  spent the night at a gas station in Venice. And then it rained while we were sleeping.

"Fiona, the rain is following us all the time" said Marta

Uh huh

Sunny days followed after that in Spain and we did a lot of sightseeing I thought we saw the last of those clouds in Italy until I arrived at Canet De Mar.

"Did you see the weather today?" said our neighbour.

I think I should go to Africa, they would love me there.






No comments: