Saturday 12 April 2014

Flying boat

Week 14: One postcard a week
Santa Maria, a hot air filled replica of the ship in which Christopher Columbus discovered the
Americas, is owned by Forbes Magazines of the USA. This "Flying boat" was built by the world's
largest balloon manufacturer, Cameron Baloons of Bristol, England.
When I first got this card in the mail I gave it a passing glance and thought it was a strange looking
ship as it looked like a plastic model being displayed in a museum. So when I began to read the message and later the excerpt on the card "hot air filled replica " wait a minute..what hot air??  and I turned it over so fast to look at the ship again, only to realize it's a friggin  HOT AIR BALLOON SHIP! HAH! Got me good Tom! great surprise :D and thanks for a shaped balloon which I think are rather hard to come by!
Sent: 1 April 2014   Received: 11 April 2014   Travelled: 10 days