Friday 8 May 2015

Þingvellir, Iceland

Þingvellir (Thing Fields) is a place in the administrative district of Bláskógabyggð in southwestern Iceland, near the Reykjanes peninsula and the Hengill volcanic area. Þingvellir is a site of historical, cultural, and geological importance and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Iceland. It lies in a rift valley that marks the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. It is at the northern end of Þingvallavatn, the largest natural lake in Iceland.

I had a dream last weekend weekend that I'd have a flooded mailbox, so when Tuesday came roumd, I only got 1 card, and on Wednesday, bam , over 30+ postcards! After a long four day weekend for Labour day and Sunday's Wesak holiday (Birth of Buddha),making the following Monday a public holiday, I was so happy to see so many surprises in my mailbox. Finally I get to the last card of the pile, a surprise postcard sent by Rita from Iceland. 
Rita had asked friends  on what is their dream country to visit?
I was the first one to mention Iceland. I forgot about it but she didn't
hence this super lovely surprise from her trip there :D
Thanks so much!
Sent: 14 April 2015   Received: 6 May 2015   Travelled: 20 days

No comments: